Here are selected pieces I wrote as a freelance writer, nonprofit media contributor, and journalist.
- 2016 Bell Prize, Healing on the river (We are West)
- From Southwest to Northwest: The Common Threads of Rivers
- How to Find “River Magic” On Every Rafting Trip
- The Best Treasures To Find Hidden In Your Pack
Rivers are paramount my writing, and working as a professional river guide allows me to live and thrive in the outdoors. The Redside Foundation is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting the Idaho guide community.
As a Field Specialist, I oversaw short-term groups in Mexico who worked with local communities to construct homes for underserved populations. I contributed to the organization’s blog to share these experiences.
- Mission Trips With My Dad To Mexico
- South Africa Youth Day
- Sustainable Development and Systems Thinking
- 3 Processing Questions After Your Mission Trip
- Efficient Group Packing: The Low-Down on Dishes
- Restoration with Creation
- Pack Light to Pack Better
- Through the Eyes of a Blue Shirt
During my undergraduate career at Northern Arizona University, I worked for the student newspaper, serving for four years in various capacities, including Staff Writer, Copy Chief, and Editorial Board member.